How are you going to remembered?




My goal in life is not to be happy but to be useful, to be needed. Because to be useful and needed makes me happy. Happy moments come and go as life comes and goes. When my life is over my happy moments will end but my usefulness can live on.

In the lessons I have taught my child, in the knowledge and experience I pass on to others, in the memories and reputation I leave with those who survive me.

This is not to say that I do not want to be happy but that my focus is not on immediate happiness itself. For immediacy and happiness both end.

My usefulness can also make those around me happy and this adds to my legacy which will survive me.

How are you going to remembered by those who survive you?



What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” - Albert Pike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But you are Catholic and a Mason!

Trying to Kick Start my Brain

Amor Fati