Literally, What Your Crutch Word Tells Me About You

 Literally is a crutch word people use (overuse) to add emphasis by placing the same intensifier in front of some figurative word or phrase which cannot be taken literally.

They do this because they want to be taken seriously and as a filler for lack of evidence. Like stating that something is a “fact”. If you have facts all you must do is quote them or cite them. Anytime I hear or read someone saying “literally”, “it is a fact”, or “let me be perfectly clear” I instantly disregard what they are saying because it tells me are just giving you their own opinion and trying to make it sound believable, they are repeating what they heard somewhere else, or they are flat out lying.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But you are Catholic and a Mason!

Trying to Kick Start my Brain

How are you going to remembered?